Pages

Tuesday 5 August 2014

OOTD: Not enough uni makes a girl even lazier than usual




ASOS Cable Pom Beanie (here)
Cotton On 'Miranda' Denim Shirt (similar here)
Cotton On 'The Crew' Black T-shirt (here)
ZIGGY 'Swizzle Sticks Jeans' in Bright Blue Denim (here)
Converse All Star Ox Plimsolls (here)


So this semester (MY FINAL SEMESTER, EEEE!) is mostly done via distance/online education. I really only go on campus once or twice every fortnight. Prior to starting classes, I was super excited to have all this free time. I think I believed (for some unknown, unjustified hopeful reason) that this meant I would become magically productive, and spend all my time doing amazing, useful, effective and efficient things with all this wonderful *free time!* But, sadly. Reality has hit, and I'm two weeks in and have done barely anything except clean my room a bunch of times, organise every folder on my laptop and donate a bunch of clothes to charity. Well, I'm happy about that last one, but it's not highly beneficial to me sorting out my life and (scary word ahead) 'career,' on the large scale. 
Also, not having to go to uni means not having to dress up nicely every day during the week. Or even, ahem, get dressed at all. After two days of just wearing my pyjamas and then my work uniform for the evenings (I did shower though, promise) my brain was telling me to make one of two choices. (Yes, my brain talks to me. Myself and my brain are two separate entities. Ask Karl Pilkington about the scientificalness).
1. Throw out all your clothes and just wear pjs to uni on the rare occasions you actually go. Or:
2. Get out of bed you lazy sod, get dressed and go outside because you're actually starting to look a bit pale and that isn't really even biologically possible. 

So here's what I mustered up today. The usual 'lazy girl uni uniform' of beanie, t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. I used to dress nicely for classes. Something about post-grad study makes me even more dull... Anyway, so on another note, today I also started doing my readings/taking notes properly, and I'm (kind of) determined to make sure that I do well this term to keep up my marks. Let's see how long this lasts...



PS: That's Harry Styles behind me, not a random phantom human. 
PPS: A cut out. Not actual Harry Styles, unfortunately.
PPPS: I remember kids used to always write 'PSS' in primary school. No. It's 'Post Post POST Script,' not 'Post SCRIPT SCRIPT SCRIPT.'

No comments:

Post a Comment