Pages

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Shoeholics Anonymous: Hey, I put some new shoes on and suddenly everything is right



Maybe a tad materialistic. Also a Paolo Nutini lyric (ooh, that Scottish brogue). Also a motto I live by. If you take the words 'new shoes' and change it to 'new perspective and attitude towards life and hardship.' Though new shoes is a thousand times easier. Catchier as a song lyric too...

That being said, who doesn't love $15 bargain new shoes? I'm way too nervous about starting my career as a teacher, so I'll just keep building my 'teacher wardrobe' in the meantime. These shoes are definitely comfortable enough for long periods of standing, decent heel height to still be professional and simple cork-n-black combo. Plus, you know, they're heels. So that menacing 'click click' sound as I walk will no doubt scare students into minimising their Facebook and Tumblr tabs and shoving their phones back in their pencilcases. Kids these days...



No comments:

Post a Comment