Pages

Monday 17 February 2014

Nails ETC: Valentine's Day and Candy Heart nail art

Ah, February 14th. Just any other day really, but unfortunately we get bombarded with advertisements about 'the perfect gift' and instructions how to 'show her how much you really care...' Flowers, chocolates, jewellery, romance, pink, red, lions, tigers and bears, oh my! I'm firmly of the opinion that you should show love and care to the people in your life every day, rather than just a burst of affection on Feb. 14th. So I reassured my boyfriend that I really didn't want a present and secretly hoped that he would. No, I'm just kidding! I really didn't want a present. But I think he was sucked in to the whole Hallmark holiday schtick and I answered the front door to a rose, box of chocolates, balloons and a sweet card - also my boyfriend too. And despite myself not wanting a present, I did get him a gift voucher for the hot springs. So I guess I did give in. Once again. Damn you, clever marketing and guilty conscience. 

I've seen some lovely Valentine's Day ideas online though - like taking your children out for little dates, special cards for strangers and making baked goods and delivering them to neighbours. That's something I can get on board with!

Date night: Cotton On 'Miranda' denim shirt, OPI 'Minnie Style', OPI 'French Quarter For Your Thoughts,' Sportsgirl 'Mistress' sunglasses, Fujifilm Instamax 8 camera, Marc Jacobs 'Dot' perfume, Jo Mercer 'Hermione' heels
 


No comments:

Post a Comment